Your basket is
NailsByMail's ULTIMATE HOME MANICURE
1. Remove all traces of nail polish with non-acetone polish remover.
2. Apply Seche Soft cuticle softener to each cuticle and massage in.
3. Apply Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil to cuticles and fingers and massage in.
4. Gently push back cuticles with a cuticle pusher using a gentle prodding motion to ease the cuticles back.
5. Spritz your hands with warm water and rest hands, without drying, on a towel.
6. Mix and apply Essie Spa Sea Mineral Glow with a spatula to the back of your hands and fingers and massage in a circular motion starting from the fingers and working down towards the wrist.
7. Remove majority of Sea Mineral Glow with dampened cloth wipes, and spritz hands with warm water to rinse and pat dry with clean towel.
8. Apply Essie Spa Kirby Creme generously to your hands and fingers, wrap firmly in clingfilm and place inside Heated Mittens for 10 minutes, pressing down on the mittens every 3 minutes for extra warmth and comfort for your client.
9. Remove Mittens, unwrap clingfilm and massage the remaining Kirby Creme into your hands and lower arm, applying more Kirby Creme if necessary for ease of massage.
10. Pump soap free nail cleanser into two bowls of warm water and place your fingers into the bowls and soak for 2 minutes. Lift left hand out of bowl and brush nails briskly with a nail brush and dry hand thoroughly with towel. Repeat on right hand.
11. Remove any hangnails with your cuticle nippers.
12. If you have excess nail length, using nail clippers, cut nails in a “nibbling” motion to minimise trauma to free edge.
13. Using a 240 grit or above cushioned nail file or thin emery board, gently file the free edge into shape with long, sweeping movements in one direction only. Do not use a see saw motion as this will potentially cause the nail to split and/or peel. Once the desired shape has been achieved, gently bevel the free edge downwards to seal.
14. With lint free cloth wrapped around your thumb, dip in clean water and trace around each cuticle to ensure all non living tissue and oil has been removed from the nail plate. Rotate the cloth on your thumb, re dip and gently lift underneath the free edge of each nail to remove any nail dust from filing. Be careful to ensure you don’t push hard and cause any trauma to the hyponichium.
15. Starting with the little finger on the left hand, apply Seche Prep to the nails using a lint free nail wipe. Repeat process from little finger on right hand.
16. Apply one coat of chosen basecoat using the following technique:
(a) Load the brush with product and place brush in the center of the nail as close to the cuticle as possible without touching the cuticle.
(b) Sweep the brush to the left of the nail in one stroke and as far up to the sidewall as possible.
© Back to the center and sweep the brush to the right of the nail in one stroke and as far up to the sidewall as possible
(d) Back to the center and one sweep the brush straight up the nail towards the free edge so the nail has been covered with product in 3 strokes and then starting from the left sidewall, sweep 3 to 4 strokes from cuticle to free edge to ensure all air has been pushed out of the enamel and coverage is complete.
(e) Finish by swiping across the free edge to ensure you have sealed it.
17. Apply two coats of Essie enamel using the same technique as step 16. If you have particularly wide nails and would like them to appear narrower, use a darker polish and don’t take the brush too close to the sidewalls, by leaving a gap this will create the illusion of narrower nails. Allow enamel to be touch dry before applying next coat. If necessary, to tidy up your enamelling, use an Essie Nail Corrector.
18. Apply one coat of chosen topcoat using the same technique as step 19 and allow to dry for 2 minutes
19. Hold each finger downwards and squeeze 1-2 drops of Essie Quick-E Drying Drops near the cuticle and roll the finger so the drops cover the nail plate.
20. Finally, apply Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil around the cuticle area and side walls and carefully rub in without touching the enamelled nail.
EXPOSE YOUR TOES! … NailsByMail's 5 STEPS TO A PERFECT PEDI
1. SOFTEN & SLOUGH: Soften soles with EssieSpa Marine Sea Salts. Simply add a spoonful to warm foot bath, and swirl water to help rocks release essential oils. Next, slough dry skin using EssieSpa Exfoliating Foot Scrub. Uniquely formulated with Apricot, Mandarin and Orange Peel Oil, it effectively hydrates and stimulates while natural pumice removes flaking skin.
2. REVITALIZE: Bring feet back to life with EssieSpa Hydro-Masque. This luxurious leg & foot mask combines cooling Aloe Vera Extract, and stimulating Peppermint Oil. Apply a generous amount evenly covering leg & foot with plastic cling wrap. Leave on for 10-20 minutes and gently rinse off.
3. MASSAGE: Massage tired feet with EssieSpa Ylang Ylang Leg & Foot Massage Oil. A luscious blend of Jojoba, Ylang Ylang and Coconut Extract deeply penetrates tough calluses and helps rid heel cracks.
4. MOISTURIZE: Generously apply EssieSpa Kirby Crème to repair dry, cracked skin. Specially formulated with Cucumber Extract and Avocado Oil it effectively heals, and protects skin from moisture loss. And, don’t forget to pamper those cuticles! Apply Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil, to soothe, hydrate, and revitalize cuticles and nails.
5. POLISH: Now toes are ready for a shot of colour! The most important step is to apply a basecoat to allow a flawless adherence of nail polish. Essie offers a range of base and top coats for specific needs. Follow by applying 2 coats of Essie’s hottest pedicure shades and make sure to apply a thin layer of topcoat.
Once toes have been primped and primed they are ready for a Quick-e! Quick-e Drying Drops leave nails rock solid in just a few short minutes preventing unwanted knicks, smudges and dents.